Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Faith is THE Substance...

Hebrews 11:1 --

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews defines faith is the very element of everything we could hope for.  The Bible goes on to say that Faith is also the evidence we need to know that there are things not seen, but do exist. 

Sometimes exhibiting faith on a consistent, regular basis in every situation can sometimes be very difficult and could seem to be impossible.  I am facing a sitaution right now that is out of my control.  I am sure I am not the only one that would face situations that cannot be controlled by human actions or intelligence.  I received a word from the Lord from, oddly as it sounds, a Facebook friend, this past week.  She does not know what she posted on her wall was meant for me, but I definitely took it and received as a source of strength and an offering of peace.  The word was simply this:

Stay in Faith.  God is working in the situation.

I found it interesting that the words "stay in faith" were used in this word.  I had been struggling and crying out to God with "What am I supposed to do?"  I had been crying this because of the unjust and unfair treatment I have been receiving.  I have forgotten that we live in a world that values getting ahead, self-promotion, and walking over the others to be the best.  I have also allowed myself to trust in and believe in man when my trust must always remain in God, the Almighty Creator of the Heavens and the Earth; The First, the Last; The Beginning and The End; The Alpha and The Omega; The Bright Morning Star; Abba, Father; The One and Only True Living God.  I must believe and have my faith in the Word of the Lord and His faithfulness to His promises.  As a result, I have spent the vast majority of a week feeling as though someone had taken a knife, cut my heart out, and then beat me with a baseball bat until I could not stand up or even breathe.  What I should have remembered is my trust is in the Lord.  Always. 

When we face situations where we feel betrayed, hurt, anger, bitterness, or any of the other emotions we can feel, we should turn to the Word.  In an earlier post, I mentioned the Word as weapon.  Today, I will use the Word as a weapon and as a means of Hope and strength with the following scriptures.

Psa 91:2 I will say of Jehovah, my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him I will trust.

Psa 94:22 But Jehovah is my defense; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

Psa 141:8 But my eyes are on You, O Lord Jehovah; in You I take refuge, do not leave my soul naked. Psa 141:9 Keep me from the traps which they have laid for me, and the snares of the workers of evil. Psa 141:10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets together, while I escape.

Psa 142:5 I cried to You, O Jehovah; I said, You are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
Psa 142:6 Hear my cry; for I am brought very low; deliver me from my pursuers; for they are stronger than I.
Isa 40:29 He
 gives power to the weary; and to him with no vigor; He increases strength.
Isa 40:30 Even the young shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall;
Isa 40:31 but those who wait on Jehovah shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Psa 37:1 Do not fret yourself with evil doers; and do not be envious against the workers of iniquity.
Psa 37:2 For they shall soon wither like the grass; and fade as the green herb.
Psa 37:3 Trust in Jehovah, and do good; you shall dwell in the land, and you shall be fed on truth.
Psa 37:4 Delight yourself also in Jehovah, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Psa 37:5 Roll your way on Jehovah; trust also in Him, and He will work.
Psa 37:6 And He shall bring forth your righteousness like the light, and your judgment like the noonday. Psa 37:7 Rest in Jehovah, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of him who practices wickedness.
Psa 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret yourself to do evil.
Psa 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off; but those who wait on Jehovah, they shall inherit the earth.

And Finally:

Col 1:13 For He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son;
Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the remission of sins.
Col 1:15 who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born of all creation.
Col 1:16 For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

No comments:

Post a Comment