Translate

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My First Blog Post

This is my first attempt at writing a blog.  I wanted a way to share my thoughts on what God has been speaking to me and I thought this might be a good way to do so.  I plan on putting something out here as often as God leads me to do so.  I encourage and welcome healthy comments and discussions, but will discourage arguments and strife.

I know the things that God has been putting on my heart the last couple of years and I am glad that it has taken as long as it has for Him to show and reveal to me the things that I have been learning.  I have reached the stage now where He is presenting me with opportunities to put into practice what He has been teaching me.  I haven't recognized every opportunity until it was too late.  I am; however, improving.  All we can do is continue to learn, continue to ask God to show us opportunities to serve, to share the Gospel, and to show the love of Jesus to a hurting and dying world. 

It is not easy to serve with excellence or to love the unlovely, or to love the sinner and hate the sin.  We are human so we tend to get angry and hurt by people and we tend to forget that we do not fight flesh and blood.  Our battle is spiritual against principalities and powers and every hight thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (Ephesians 6:12). 

We need to work to love.  We need to show the world Jesus' love on this earth.  We are His Body. We are His hands, His feet and should be an example of His love, His grace, His mercy to the world.

It has been a hard lesson to learn and one that I am still learning.  I hope that as I share, some of you will be touched, just as I have been.  I hope to hear others thoughts and experiences in response to some of the topics that are posted here. 

I hope we all can learn together and minister to each other. 

In Christ,

Cindy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment