Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

Planning failure....

Sometimes our plans just do not work out the way we think they should.  We think things should go a certain way because we have studied, and worked, and planned, and checked all the boxes on the list...and still it doesn't work out according to our plans.  

In times like that I know I sit in prayer and say, "Lord, why?  I worked so hard, made such meticulous preparations and still it didn't work."  The answer always seems so simple after talking with God. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 - "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.  "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." 

When things don't work for me the way I think they should, I have to remind myself of the above scriptures.  I know I don't want to settle for what I want.  I want to wait for what God has for me and if that means my plans have to fail to get it, then so be it.  I am okay with it.  What God will give me will be the best of His best and exactly what I need.  How do I know?

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

God's plan for us does not include evil and disappointment.  God's plans for us do not include failure and the least of all things.  

Ephesians 3:20-21 - Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above anything we ask...why would I want my plans to succeed if those plans were not apart of His design for me?  Anything I produce on my own without Him will not be successful.  Sometimes our plans fail to prevent us from making mistakes.  Our plans may fail as God's way of protecting us from something that will get us off course.  Everything we do everyday should be done at the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  

John 15:5 - "I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

It seems pretty simple to me when we look into the Word for the answers we seek.  When our plans fail, it is because God has so much bigger and better in His plan for us.  When we are looking to do something on our own, make our own plans for our lives, then we are living outside the vine and branches cannot survive cutoff from their life source.  

So before we make any plans, we need to consult the Father, the One who holds all things in His hands.  We need to consult the One that thinks thoughts of peace towards us and gives us hope.  His plans should be our heart's desire...

No comments:

Post a Comment