Translate

Friday, October 17, 2014

But remain faithful...

I have felt like such a failure lately.  I feel like I have failed in my job, in personal relationships, in my school studies and even in my relationship with the Lord.  We all have people and times in our lives when all we hear from any source is what a horrible job we are doing.  We all have times when no matter how hard we try, it just isn't good enough to accomplish the goal or task that is set in front of us.  

Have you ever had those days where you feel like the boat that Jesus was asleep in and you are screaming, "Lord, save me!"  When everyone around you is telling you what a failure you are.  The wind and the rain of the storm come and crash against you leaving you feeling as if you are drowning in the present troubles.  Then come the feelings of being alone and helpless.  

Matthew 8:23-26 - Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him, and suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves.  But He was asleep.  Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Lord, save!  We are perishing!"  But He said to Him, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?"  Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 

 The disciples I am sure felt utterly helpless in the face of the great waves that were overtaking the boat.  Jesus equated the disciples fear with a lack of faith.  They did not have the faith that they could calm the storm or that they would be protected because of the Son of the God was with them.  

We have Jesus Christ with us at all times.  There is nowhere we go where He is not.

Psalm 46:1-3 - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, even through the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with swelling.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of the; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you.  He will not leave you nor forsake you.  

So...no matter what is going on and no matter what anyone says to me, does to me, or doesn't say to me, I should remain faithful in my faith knowing that there is One who is with me at all times.  There is always One I can turn to ... when all others seem to fail me.  Listen to a song by the Christian recording group Selah called I turn to You.  

No matter how I feel, whether I feel like I am failure or totally alone or fighting battles by myself, there is One who has felt the same way.  Jesus cried out to the Father while He was on the cross asking why God had forsaken Him.  (Matthew 27:46)  How alone did the Son of God feel at that moment?  To not feel the presence of the Father?  I know I have a Savior and King that knows how I feel at my lowest and at my highest.  I know I have a Savior and King that mediates on my behalf to the Father.  I know I have the Holy Spirit that was sent to comfort me in my times of need.  I must remain faithful and not fear or get buried under condemnation (Romans 8:1) because those negative emotions are designed to make me lose sight of the One who is with me always.  Those negative emotions are designed to make me feel fear in the face of the circumstances around me and to forget that I am forever in the presence of my God.  

Please be blessed and encouraged today.  No matter what is going on in your life..what storms you are encountering in this season of life, you have One that is with you.  You have One that never leaves you.  Turn to Him in faith knowing He will calm the storm around you and protect you in the safety of His presence.  


No comments:

Post a Comment