Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trust = Faith?

In continuing with my theme of faith this week, my aunt posted a scripture on her facebook that definitely spoke to me and went right along with faith.

Jer 17:7 Blessed is the man who trusts in Jehovah, and Jehovah is his trust.
Jer 17:8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters; it sends out its roots by the river, and it shall not fear when the heat comes, but its foliage shall be green; and he is not worried in the year of drought, nor will it cease from yielding fruit.

The man that trusts in the Lord will have deep roots planted by the water and will never have a reason to fear any type of weather that comes.  I find the posting of this scripture to be particularly timely in relation to my last post.  We read that the disciples feared during the storm that was raging around them and questioned whether Jesus cared whether they lived or died. In order to have faith, ther emust be trust....or must their be trust to have faith?

Either way, let's take a look at an earthly relationship and see how it can relate to our relationship with our Heavenly Father. 

My husband and I have been married for more than 15 years.  I know beyond a shadow of doubt that my husband will give me anything I ask him for if it is within his power to provide.  If I need to cry, he offers his shoulder.  If I am disappointed, he tries to cheer me up.  He is my strength when I need him to be strong. He is silent when I need him to listen.  He will catch me in his arms if I fall.  He does not laugh at my failures.  He celebrates my successes.  After 15 years we have learned each other.  We know what the other thinks, wants, needs before each speaks.  Why?  Because we spend together.  We listen to each other.  We have chosen to make sure our relationship and our marriage is strong. 

Our relationship with the Heavenly Father is the same way.  We learn to trust and have faith He will catch us when we fall.  We must spend time in His Word to determine who He is, what He wants for us, and the benefits of being in relationship with Him.

What are the benefits of being in relationship with the Father?

Faith that He is true to His word and His word does not return void. Peace, joy, righteousness, love...answered prayers.   The more time we spend in the Word and in quiet time with the Lord, the more we understand that He has a plan and a purpose for our lives.  He loves us and wants us to be successful as we live out His will for us every day. 

We also learn to lean on Him and His word for strength through battles, trials and tribulations.  We cannot lean on our understanding or do what we believe to be right in a situation.  We must do what we know the Bible says to do in any given situation.  Sometimes what we are to do is just wait.  Keep on doing what we are doing to the best of our abilities and God will take care of the rest in His own time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment