Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pressed in from all sides...Still finding peace

I woke up this morning wondering what today would hold.  Would it be the same as yesterday or last week?  I found myself thinking I certainly hope not.  The last few weeks have been extremely trying and very tiring.  I feel as though I have been pressed in on all sides and movement is constricted. 

I find myself needing encouragement without a source in my life readily willing to provide that encouragement. Yet, I have peace.  I may not like what is going on around me.  I may not like the things that are happening on my job and with my employers, but I have peace.  I am still struggling.  I am still tired.  But I still have peace.

The peace that passes all understanding doesn't solve our problems or make them go away.  The peace that passes all understanding gives us the rest in Christ we need to recharge.  We can rest in the fact that all things are in God's control and rest in the knowledge that He works ALL THINGS to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. (Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.)

The peace that passes all understanding allows us to use our faith and stand on the promise that God has a plan and a purpose for our lives. (Jer 29:11 For I know the purposes which I am purposing for you, says Jehovah; purposes of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.)

The peace that passes all understanding allows us to know that we can do nothing apart from Him. (Joh 15:5 I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.)

When we call on His name in the times of our desperation, in the times of our pain, in the times we are pressed on all sides...we find Him.  When we seek His face, His will, His heart...we find Him.

Jer 29:12 Then you shall call on Me, and you shall go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
Jer 29:13 And you shall seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Matt Maher, a wonderful worship leader, has recently released a song called "I Need You." Listen and Watch the official video here. I would encourage you to sit and close your eyes and let your spirit sing to the Lord as you listen to the words this worship leader is singing. 

Our hearts cry out for more...our hearts cry out for love...our hearts cry out for peace...our hearts cry out to be held when we feel alone.  We need Him on a daily...hourly...basis.  I know I cannot make it through a day without knowing that He walks with me.  He is always there with me as I struggle, as I feel fear, frustration, as I experience doubt, as I rejoice in success.  He is always there.  I may feel pressed in from all sides, but the One who knows His purpose for me...to give me a future and a hope...is ready, able, and always willing to hear me when I cry to Him.

..............Just as He is ready, able, and willing to hear you when you cry to Him.  He is working on your behalf today.  Rest in the peace of knowing the Creator of the Universe cares enough about you and what you are going through to listen when you pray.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment