Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Growth Opportunities: His Ways are Better than Ours.

Nothing about today has shaped up the way I had planned for it to.  There seemed to be one thing after another that came up to spoil my well planned work day.  As I started to get somewhat agitated, I was gently reminded that I am not in control - God is in control.  Everything happens for a reason and there is obviously some reason why He didn't want my day to proceed as I had planned.  I think the biggest reason is I can't foresee the future and do not know what will happen later in the day that I will need be available for or handle. 

God also said something in His Word that should definitely humble all of us. 

Isa 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God clearly tells us here that we do not think or act the way He does.  Not only that, but His ways are are higher than ours...and His thoughts higher than our thoughts.  He even says that as the heavens are higher than the earth... which tells me that we cannot comprehend how much higher His thoughts and ways are than ours. 

I see in the world a lot people trying to humanize God and attributing human emotions to Him.  There is a lot of rationalization concerning God and a lot of misconception about His character.  I am not arrogant or prideful enough to believe that I have all the answers are am right 100% of the time.  I am not prideful or arrogant enough to believe that I understand everything in the Word of God, or that I understand everything God does - or does not do - for me and my family.  I only have faith in the fact that God's plan for me is perfect because He made the plan for me and created me to fulfill that specific purpose.  I have faith in the fact that God only has His best in mind for me.  I have faith in the fact that no matter what may come against me or the form in which it comes against me, that my God protects me.   

I also have faith in the fact that no matter the plans I have made for myself, that should God lay another plan in front me, His will always be the best choice.  I may not see every piece of the plan, but I have the faith and trust in the Father He will reveal all in His time. 

There are many different creeds of faith all claiming to be THE TRUE WAY.  We only have one Way...His name is Jesus Christ.  Only His teaching is infallible.  Only His way reveals truth and life.  No matter creed, church congregation, or doctrine we subscribe or belong to, man's ways will fail. 

Proverbs 14:12 - There is way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 21:2 - Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the hearts.

Proverbs is pretty clear.  The way that seems right to us in our own eyes, is not the way of the Lord.  We need to be certain we are seeking God's will and plan every day.  We need to be in the word every day learning what He has to say about any subject matter that faces us each day.  We need to learn practical application of the Word of God to our lives and to our situations.  Just learning isn't good enough...what we learn must be applied.  Once we learn our way is not right and get out of God's way, then He can teach and train us to do His will.  Only His ways are higher and more perfect than anything we have on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment