Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

No one said it was going to be easy.

I have been reading and studying on warfare, battle, our weapons as Christians, our enemy over the last few weeks and I have learned a lot.  I have tried to share what I have learned through the few posts I have made in this blog.  But in learning something is truth, we then become responsible for knowing that truth and implementing it in our lives...or attempting too.  The taking ownership and implementation process can be the toughest for us to go through.  Especially for those that try to relay and teach the truths to others. 

I do not consider myself a teacher of the the Word of God.  I consider myself a woman who has been through many experiences in her life that would not have brought me to where I am without learning the things I am sharing.  The last week has been particularly tough for me and I am not sure why.  Writing has been hard, reading the Word has been hard, sharing has been hard.  I have been distracted with life and "stuff." It happens to all of us.  It occured to me why I have been distracted, preoccupied, and in some cases, just down right blah!  I have been trying to diseminate information to free and arm the Body of Christ!  I am doing my best to dispell a false teaching, though based in truth, is still not correct.  I must be doing something right for the enemy to be attacking me the way he is. 

We have a perfect example in how to battle the enemy.  Jesus gave us that when He was in the wilderness.  The story can be found in Matthew 4.

In each instance of temptation, Jesus quoted the Word of God to the devil by saying,"It is written..." What better way to cause the enemy to be quiet.  Eventually, he will just flee as he did when he left Jesus.  Sometimes when we are in the middle of the fight, the heat of the battle...or as some would say, in the middle of the storm, it can be hard to recall scripture to fight with.  Some basic scriptures include the following:

Phillipians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Isaiah 54:17 - "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgement, you shall condemn.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me," says the Lord.
Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Romans 8:37 - Yet, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 
Romans 8:38 - For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nore things to come, (39) nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. 

There are so many scriptures to use...I could go on and on.  The devil knows what the Bible says too. He will pervert and twist and deceive us if we do not have our shield of faith to block those darts. Put on the WHOLE armor of God ....  EVERY DAY!! 

There is a verse in the Bible that will address literally every situation we could possibly face.  Don't wait until you are in the middle of the battle wounded and bleeding to try and find something to use against the enemy.  Be prepared.  Be armed and ready with the Sword of the Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment